Thank you for stopping by. This blog is a genealogy blog for my family. I enjoy family history and genealogy and this reflects some of the info I've spent many hours researching. Post comments when possible. I enjoy feedback and look forword reading what you have to offer. My e-mail is borg-family@sbcglobal.net Please enjoy, Mike

Monday, August 3, 2009

A name change from BORG to BORGQUIST

In May 2009 I published two posts regarding sons of Pehr Hansson Borg and thier name change. In my research I haven't found a reason why this happened however the date of the change is in the 1860's. Svenn Pehrsson and Rasmus Pehrsson changed thier surname from BORG to BORGQUIST. Both of the young men are posted on the ship roster as BORG, however records in Utah show the surname of BORGQUIST.

No comments: